Blasting Materials distributed by GritSablare are characterized by outstanding quality. This quality is reflected in an above-average service life, a very high productivity and value retention.
Sodium Bentonite for Foundry, Drills
- High quality Sodium Bentonite obtained from premium bentonite mineral clays, with rich content of montmorillonite, an ideal additive for foundry industry, drilling, construction;
- Uses: binder in casting molding mixtures • drilling fluids preparation to lubricate and cool the cutting tools, to remove cuttings, and to help prevent blowouts • oil refinery • groundwater barrier • slurry walls in modern construction • electrical grounding sealing • in pottery to make the clay mixture more plastic • for decolorizing various mineral, vegetable, and animal oils • for clarifying wine, liquor, cider, beer, mead, and vinegar.
- PREMIUM Bentonite,
origin of Argentina
- SUPER-BOND Bentonite,
origin of India
- PREMIUM Bentonite
Sieve Analysis 200 Mesh (0,053mm): ~0.5%
- SUPER-BOND Bentonite
Sieve Analysis 200 Mesh (0,053mm): ~20%
- Big Bags of 1350 Kg
- Bags of 25 Kg (Moisture Proof Paper Bags)
- The material must be stored in a dry place.
- The SUPER-BOND Bentonite offered by GritSablare is extracted from carefully selected clays with high montmorillonite content in India, with superior mechanical and compressive strength.
- Highest green compression strength
- High swelling/wet tensile strength
- Develops sharp, strong mould in foundry industry
- Good bond development and easy mulling
- High swelling capacity for drill fluids
- Wide moisture tolerance
Physical and Chemical Properties
|Physical Properties:||PREMIUM Bentonite Argentina||SUPER-BOND Bentonite India|
|Green Compression Strength:||13,0 min (N/cm2)||1100 la 1800 gram/cm2|
|Wet Tensile Strength:||0,31 min (N/cm2)||> 0.35 la < 0.50 N/cm2|
|Methylene Blue Adsorption original (mL /0,5g):||56 min.||-|
|Methylene Blue Adsorption, 550 o.C (mL /0,5g):||42 min.||-|
|Methylen Blue Value (MBV):||-||410 Min|
|Thermal Stability (%):||75 min.||-|
|Swelling:||40 min. (mL/2,0g)||33 - 36 (2 gm / 100 ml)|
|Moisture (%):||08 - 12||12% Max|
|Retention #200 (%):||08 max||-|
|Compactability (%):||47 +/- 1||-|
|pH:||6,6 - 7,8||8 - 10,5|
|Gelling Time at 10% (min):||-||0 - 60 seconds|
|Gel Formation Index:||-||90 - 100|
|Loss on Ignition (LOI):||-||< 10 %|
|Chemical Composition (%):||PREMIUM Bentonite Argentina||SUPER-BOND Bentonite India|
|SiO2:||57,8||45 - 55|
|Al2O3:||18||14 - 19|
|Fe2O3:||4,41||11 - 19|
|TiO2:||0,22||0,8 - 4|
|CaO:||0,99||0,7 - 2,4|
|MgO:||2,78||1,9 - 3,6|
|Na2O:||2,91||1,6 - 3,2|
|K2O:||0,39||0,12 - 0,3|
- High quality sodium bentonite: mineral clay resulted from the alteration of volcanic ashes, with rich montmorillonite content. Bentonite is a soft and durable clay, with a greasy aspect. The colour varies depending on the natural pigments it contains, from white to gray, with pink and cream variations;
- The outstanding properties of the bentonite recommend this product to be an extremely useful material in many industries:
- It increase the tensile strength and permeability of the molding sands, in foundry industry;
- Ideal for the preparation and conditioning of drilling fluids (due to its thixotropic features and high suspension stability);
- Groundwater barrier for drilling wells and water sealing for underground constructions;
- Oil and oil derivates refinery (due to its high adsorption and absorption capacity).
Sodium bentonite is one of the most commonly used foundry-sand binder in iron and steel foundries.
- High Swelling and Wet Tensile strength helps for exceptional resistance to expansion and permeability of moulding sands to avoid casting defects like porosity, blow holes and open holes, scabbing, rough surface.
- Unlike other clays, bentonite is up to three times more efficient, when used as a foundry-sand bond in iron and steel foundries, which leads to a reduction of the additive in the furnace in order to obtain the same tensile strength and permeability of the mould.
- Our Bentonite has characteristics of smooth, quick & uniform dispersal during dry mixing of sand mix which reduces binder addition & Sand Mixing/ Mulling Time.
Sodium bentonite is a major component for the drilling fluids in oil and gas industry.
- It is used in drilling for the preparation and conditioning of drilling fluids. Bentonite is the most used material to increase the viscosity of the drilling fluid.
- Bentonite is a thixotropic material, which allows the water-bentonite mixture to take on the characteristics of a gel when in resting state, and to become liquid again when the mixture is stirred, the gel being reversible.
- The water-bentonite mixture in gel state allow the isolation of the drilling fluid in the well, ensuring the vertical stability of the trench, preventing it from collapsing.
A beautiful collaboration, quality, promptitude and honesty carried us on a beautiful road...
Răzvan Harabagiu, Shareholder | Executive Manager, Alpaccess, Romania
A trustworthy brand, a professional team, a flawless service! We are happy to have them as our supplier for blasting agents and equipment.
Iulian Duna, Project Manager, Industrial Cruman, Ploiești - Romania
GritSablare, a reliable and fast partner, always involved to learn and find solutions that fits customers' needs.
Daniel Morari, COSMA Glass - water jet cutting
GritSablare, the largest blasting warehouse we are aware of... a flexible payment schedule for blasting equipment, moreover, a very good choice!
Ionel Zelca, Owner, Industrial Painting SRL - blasting and electrostatic painting
We provide first-class quality products, build long term relationships and develop strong connections with our clients