Blasting Materials distributed by GritSablare are characterized by outstanding quality. This quality is reflected in an above-average service life, a very high productivity and value retention.
Angular Blasting Grit
- The most economical material for open space blasting: bridges, maritime vessels, shipyards, oil platforms, civil constructions, building facades, metallic pipes, rims and car parts, etc.
- Applicable on most surfaces: metals, bricks, stone, concrete, wood, etc;
- Use: blasting, ceramics industry, non-reinforced concrete, skid-proof road paving, innovating construction materials, etc.
- 7/60 Mesh [0.2 mm – 2.8 mm]
- 18/60 Mesh [0.2 mm – 1.5 mm]
- 30/60 Mesh [0.2 mm – 0.6 mm]
- Big Bags of 1.5 Tonnes
[Type 7/60 and 18/60 Mesh]
- Bags of 25 Kg
- Reusable Material, approx. 60% of the used product [7/60 Mesh].
- The material is stored in a dry place.
Angular Blasting Grit Description
- The abrasive grit distributed by GritSablare is a special granular product with sharp edges. The granules bear irregular shapes, thus having an increased toughness and a specific weight. These special properties allow the abrasive grit to provide excellent performances in blasting metallic surfaces and in cleaning brick or stone surfaces. On the same time, the product may be used in civil engineering works and in special operations such as monument or patrimony building restoration.
- This is a high quality product, with special properties for cleaning surfaces of rust, old paint layers, crusts, impurities, and for preparing surfaces for subsequent anti-corrosion treatments: applying new paints, primers, etc.
- The raw material used in this abrasive grit is pyro-metallurgical dross, obtained by melting the laterite ore in electric furnaces. From a chemical point of view, it is an iron- silicate composite material, comprising small quantities of aluminium, calcium and magnesium. The dross resulted from the pyro-metallurgical process is later cooled down with water and then, it is granulated. The product obtained this way is transported and processed in special installations, where it is brought to its final form and packed.
Our company is concerned to minimize the impact of its activities on the environment by offering blasting materials and equipment that are friendly to the environment and nature.
In addition, we offer blasting grit waste recovery for neutralization, by complying to the provisions and guidance norms regarding the recovery and reuse of the blasting materials in an ecological manner.
For other details, click here.
7/60 Mesh [0.2 mm – 2.8 mm]
18/60 Mesh [0.2 mm – 1.5 mm]
30/60 Mesh [0.2 mm – 0.6 mm]
|Physical and Chemical Properties|
|Material chemical name:||FeNi-ERF slag (FeNi production)|
|Chemical Family:||Complex silica salts|
|Shape:||Multifaceted particles with sharp edges|
|Physical state:||Solid particles|
|Liquidus temperature:||(approx.) 1350°C|
|Hardness:||6.5 Mohs Scale|
|Boiling point:||(approx.) 2875°C|
|Density:||(approx.) 1.7 g/cm3|
|Solubility:||Not soluble in water|
|SiO2:||32 – 38|
|FeO:||34 – 41|
|Al2O3:||7 – 12|
|MgO:||3 – 6|
|CaO:||3 – 6|
|Fe2O3:||2 – 7|
|Cr2O3:||2 – 3|
|S:||0.15 – 0.25|
|Nickel:||0.10 – 0.20|
|Fe (total):||30 – 35|
Angular Blasting Grit Application
- Blasting metallic elements in oil refineries and oil storage facilities;
- Blasting metallic elements in marine drilling pits and production platforms;
- Construction modules;
- Industrial processes;
- Civil Engineering;
- Hydro-technical constructions;
- Various construction and repair works for: steel structures, pipes and valves, taps, etc.
Angular Blasting Grit User Safety
The blasting abrasive grit is a safe material, exposure to the FeNi-ERF dross bearing no known hazards to human health or to the environment, under normal handling and use conditions. Both animal testing and epidemiology studies show that the FeNi-ERF dross does not have any cancer-generating potential.
If the product enters in contact with your skin, wash the area with water and soft soap. In case of eye contact, remove your contact lenses (if you are wearing any) and wash your eyes with water. When handling the product, wear Personal Protection Equipment and take all appropriate measures to prevent spilling. When cleaning the working area, sweep the zone trying to raise as little dust as possible and collect all residues in a container, such as a small bag.
If you use the product by means of direct contact, wear gloves to avoid prolonged contact with the skin. Other recommended personal protection items are glasses and breathing masks, in case the dust concentrations in the air go above the recommended exposure limit values.
Lung diseases may worsen if you are exposed to large quantities of dust raised by the use of this product. Long term dust inhalation may reduce the lungs’ capacity to clean the particle matter, thus leading to breathing problems and making you prone to developing breathing illnesses.
The FeNi-ERF dross is a chemically stable product. When the FeNi-ERF dross is dissolved in water, Cl ions are released. They may cause eye irritations and a prolonged exposure to these ions may cause allergic reactions at skin level, especially in sensitive persons. The FeNi-ERF dross does not show any potential risk of cancer.
All tests conducted on the FeNi-ERF dross categorised the product as non-toxic. All the analysed parameters scored below the toxicity levels imposed by the United States Agency for Environment Protection. The client is responsible for handling the material properly, after using it, in accordance with the specific regulations in the country where the product is imported. The product may be transported in normal conditions, the FeNi-ERF dross being categorised as an inert, non-hazardous substance.
for Open Space Blasting
We provide first-class quality products, build long term relationships and develop strong connections with our clients