Blasting Materials distributed by GritSablare are characterized by outstanding quality. This quality is reflected in an above-average service life, a very high productivity and value retention.
Emery: An ideal abrasive for Water Jet Cutting
- Natural rock, chemically stable, with superior hardness 7.8 - 8 on Mohs scale, this mineral is an ideal abrasive for water jet cutting machines.
- This material is a natural mix of Almandine rock Fe3Al2(SiO2) with Mg and Mn in partial substitution for Fe, and other mineral traces.
- The multi-faceted particles of the material, with sharp edges, have superior cutting properties for different types of materials.
- Considering type, Emery cuts easily through hard materials, from Steel and Stainless Steel, to Rock and Granite.
- 80 Mesh
- 120 Mesh
- Bags of 30 Kg
- The material must be stored in a dry place.
- Emery is an ideal mineral rock for water jet cutting machines due to a unique series of features of hardness, density, friability and particle shape:
- Hardness. Water jet cutting needs an optimal balance between the cutting force and the wear of the cutting machine parts. A soft abrasive prolongs the life of the nozzles, but slows down the cutting. An abrasive too tough increases the cutting speed, but erodes the nozzles too quickly, leading to dead operating times and increases in the costs of repairing machine parts. The hardness of emery is about 7.5 - 8 on Mohs scale, which effectively balances the need to cut quickly, but also provides a reasonable operating lifetime for the equipment;
- Density. The cutting force of water jet machine is a function of two factors: the weight of the abrasive multiplied by the velocity. The ideal abrasive has the greatest weight that water can accelerate to maximum velocity, offering ultimate cutting speed. An abrasive that is too light will not cut the material and a material that is too heavy will not accelerate to the maximum velocity, slowing down the cutting speed. Emery is almost four times heavier than the water, a value that falls in the optimal range for both cutting and acceleration;
- Friability. Emery with its semi-friable nature that makes it fracture in angular particles with sharp edges when passing through the nozzle, provides superior cutting speed than any other abrasive material;
- Particle shape. It has been found that the angular shape with multiple sharp edges like the shape of Emery, is the most suitable for high cutting speeds.
|Physical and Chemical Properties|
|Appearance:||Reddish brown to pink grains|
|Particle Shape:||Sub-rounded to angular|
|Avg. Bulk Density:||2.24 – 2.4 g/ml|
|Specific Gravity:||3.9 – 4.1 g/cm3|
|Hardness:||7.5 – 8 Mohs|
|Melting Point:||1250 °C|
|Al2O3:||20 – 28%||22.29%|
|SiO2:||35 – 40%||36.5%|
|FeO:||22 – 29%||28.3%|
|MgO:||2 – 8%||6.5%|
|CaO:||1 – 4%||1.9%|
This material is a natural mixture of almandine garnet Fe3Al2(SiO2) with Mg and Mn in partial substitution for Fe in the formula, and other trace minerals. The substances are present and regulated by OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), an agency of the United States Department of Labor.
Emery User Safety
Emery is a safe, ecologic and stable material. It does not need special attention while handled. Wearing personal protection equipment is necessary, as well as avoiding eye contact. Storing this material does not require special conditions. All it needs is a good air ventilation in the storage space.
In case of inhalation, the affected person must be taken out, to fresh air, and kept in a comfortable position so he/she can breathe properly. If he/she has difficulties breathing, oxygen can be administered. If he/she stops breathing, CPR manoeuvres can be performed. In this case, a medical intervention is also necessary.
Avoid direct contact with the skin. If your skin entered in direct contact with this abrasive material, you must wash the affected area with clean water for 20 minutes. Use a soft soap and clean water.
In case of ingestion, a doctor’s intervention is necessary. All treatments applied to the victim must take into account the symptoms showed by that victim.
Avoid walking through the material and always wear personal protective equipment. In case of leakages, one must insulate the area on an approximately 25 meters radius in all directions. It is forbidden to spill this material in water. Please avoid dust. Use professional vacuum cleaners to clean the area.
A beautiful collaboration, quality, promptitude and honesty carried us on a beautiful road...
Răzvan Harabagiu, Shareholder | Executive Manager, Alpaccess, Romania
A trustworthy brand, a professional team, a flawless service! We are happy to have them as our supplier for blasting agents and equipment.
Iulian Duna, Project Manager, Industrial Cruman, Ploiești - Romania
GritSablare, a reliable and fast partner, always involved to learn and find solutions that fits customers' needs.
Daniel Morari, COSMA Glass - water jet cutting
GritSablare, the largest blasting warehouse we are aware of... a flexible payment schedule for blasting equipment, moreover, a very good choice!
Ionel Zelca, Owner, Industrial Painting SRL - blasting and electrostatic painting
We provide first-class quality products, build long term relationships and develop strong connections with our clients