FREE: we provide blasting waste recovery services for materials purchased from us. Offer subject to certain terms and conditions.
Blasting Materials distributed by GritSablare are characterized by outstanding quality. This quality is reflected in an above-average service life, a very high productivity and value retention.
Red Garnet for Blasting
- Totally natural almandine rock with high chemical stability where low or no transfer of grit into the substrate can be tolerated, ideal for Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel, Alumina, Copper blasting;
- Superior Toughness: Mohs Hardness 8.0;
- Ecological Product, & Low Dusting Material;
- Non-Toxic Material (Low Free Silica Content <0.1%).
- Reusable Material, between 5 – 8 times, depending on the application.
- 20/40 Mesh [0.40 – 0.80 mm]
- 30/60 Mesh [0.25 – 0.60 mm]
- 60/80 Mesh [0.177 – 0.25 mm]
- Bags of 25 Kg
- Big Bags of 1 Tonne
- The material must be stored in a dry place.
Red Garnet Description
- The Red Garnet distributed by GritSablare is an extremely tough abrasive material (8.0 on the Mohs scale) made of angular particles with sharp angles, that can be re-used for 5 to 8 times, depending on the purpose of use. This abrasive material is based on mined natural almandine rock. This rock is later subjected to several operations to provide the finished product with excellent properties for cleaning and blasting surfaces: After being mined out, the rock is crushed four times with special tools, to obtain one of the highest possible abrasiveness levels, the resulting product being later washed with water six times and magnetically separated three times in order to eliminate all possible ferrous compounds. In the end, the resulting product is sieved four times, being split by types of granulations, thus meeting the highest possible quality standards, including the applicable military standards in this field;
- Economic Material: Due to their multiple sharp sides and their enhanced hardness, the garnet particles have a higher speed and a higher blasting efficiency, which allows for lower material consumption in complex blasting and cleaning operations, thus leading to significant drops in the costs of abrasive materials used. Besides, the option to re-use the material for up to 8 times also leads to a reduction of the costs incurred for surface blasting and cleaning;
- Being washed six times, and using approximately 580 cubic meters of water, this abrasive material has one of the lowest levels of salt contamination, bearing an electrolytic conductivity below 8 mS/m and chlorine levels below 4 per one million equivalent (ppm) – values that are significantly lower than the usual, even lower than the existing standards in this field. All these facts reduce contamination risks for the blasted surfaces and lead to an increase of such surfaces’ adherence if they are treated with this material;
- This material is not ferrous and it bears a minimum risk of contamination/ impregnation on the cleaned surfaces. These features make it the ideal abrasive material for blasting stainless steel, carbon steel, aluminium, brass surfaces, etc;
- Besides, it is a non-toxic material with a silicate content below 0.1%, and an ecological material that doesn’t raise semnificative dust during the blasting process;
- The garnet we offer is an efficient alternative to other abrasive materials such as quartz sand, due to its relatively low material consumption and to the possibility of being re-used;
- This item can be successfully used both for wet and for dry blasting.
20/40 Mesh [0.40 – 0.80 mm]
Package 2: Big Bags of 1 Tonne, available for ORDERS > 5 Tonnes
30/60 Mesh [0.25 – 0.60 mm]
Package 2: Big Bags of 1 Tonne, available for ORDERS > 5 Tonnes
|Physical and Chemical Properties|
|Color:||Reddish brown to pink|
|Bulk Density:||(approx.) 2.4 g/cm3|
|Flammability (solid, gas):||Non-flammable|
|Ilmenite:||1 – 2%|
Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 16 December 2008 on classification, labelling and packaging of substances and mixtures, amending and repealing Directives 67/548/EEC and 1999/45/EC, and amending Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006;
Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2006 concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH).
Red Garnet Application
- Blasting steel structures;
- Tanks and pipes;
- Industrial processes;
- Civil Engineering;
- Hydro-technical constructions;
- Blasting for Industrial Painting.
Red Garnet User Safety
Red Garnet is a safe, ecologic and stable material. It does not need special attention while handled. Wearing personal protection equipment is necessary, as well as avoiding eye contact. Storing this material does not require special conditions. All it needs is a good air ventilation in the storage space.
In case of inhalation, the affected person must be taken out, to fresh air, and kept in a comfortable position so he/she can breathe properly. If he/she has difficulties breathing, oxygen can be administered. If he/she stops breathing, CPR manoeuvres can be performed. In this case, a medical intervention is also necessary.
Avoid direct contact with the skin. If your skin entered in direct contact with this abrasive material, you must wash the affected area with clean water for 20 minutes. Use a soft soap and clean water.
In case of ingestion, a doctor’s intervention is necessary. All treatments applied to the victim must take into account the symptoms showed by that victim.
Avoid walking through the material and always wear personal protective equipment. In case of leakages, one must insulate the area on an approximately 25 meters radius in all directions. It is forbidden to spill this material in water. Please avoid dust. Use professional vacuum cleaners to clean the area.
This material comprises silicate crystals and/or quartz. According to the IARC Monographs for assessing the hazards posed by chemical substances to people, this material bears a potential risk of cancer.
for Stainless Steel Blasting
A beautiful collaboration, quality, promptitude and honesty carried us on a beautiful road...
Răzvan Harabagiu, Shareholder | Executive Manager, Alpaccess, Romania
A trustworthy brand, a professional team, a flawless service! We are happy to have them as our supplier for blasting agents and equipment.
Iulian Duna, Project Manager, Industrial Cruman, Ploiești - Romania
GritSablare, a reliable and fast partner, always involved to learn and find solutions that fits customers' needs.
Daniel Morari, COSMA Glass - water jet cutting
GritSablare, the largest blasting warehouse we are aware of... a flexible payment schedule for blasting equipment, moreover, a very good choice!
Ionel Zelca, Owner, Industrial Painting SRL - blasting and electrostatic painting
We provide first-class quality products, build long term relationships and develop strong connections with our clients