Blasting Materials distributed by GritSablare are characterized by outstanding quality. This quality is reflected in an above-average service life, a very high productivity and value retention.
Glass Beads for Blasting
- Glass Beads are used for cleaning and shot peening surfaces without any contamination or damage to the base surface.
- After the blasting process, the surface has a bright satin finish;
- Use: cleaning, peening and sanitizing fine parts, stainless steel in food and pharma industy; aircraft engine blades and road marking;
- Economical and Efficient material with low emissions of dust and any type of waste.
- 50 - 105 um (0.05 - 0.105 mm)
- 40 - 70 um (0.04 - 0.07 mm)
- 70 - 110 um (0.07 - 0.11 mm)
- 100 - 200 um (0.1 - 0.2 mm)
- 150 - 250 um (0.15 - 0.25 mm)
- Reusable Material, depending on the application.
- Bags of 25 Kg
- The material is stored in a dry place.
Glass Beads Description
- Quality certificates:
- GB/T24722 - 2009 and BS6088 - 1981: United Kingdom;
- AASHTO M247 - 1981: USA;
- EN1423 - 1997 and EN1424 - 1998: European Union.
- Glass Beads are a spherical abrasive manufactured from chemically inert soda lime glass.
- Glass Beads are used for cleaning, finishing, light peening, deburring, sanitizing, descaling, coating removal, polishing and surface blending. Also, this material is used for shot peening of aircraft engine blades, turbine rotors, gears, bricks, shafts, steam and gas turbine components. Glass beads are also used for road marking.
- Glass Beads produce a bright satin finish; finer beads produce a smoother non glare finish, while larger beads produce a deeper textured finish. Blasting with Glass Beads does not produce any dimension changes to the part base surface.
0.05 - 0.105 mm mm
0.15 - 0.25 mm
|Physical and Chemical Properties|
|Hardness:||6 - 7 Mohs, equivalent 16 HRC|
|Specific Gravity:||2.4 - 2.6 cm3|
|Bulk Density:||1.5 g/cm3|
|Free Iron:||≤ 1%|
|Free Iron Colour:||Clear|
|SiO2:||71 - 73%|
|Na2O:||13 - 15%|
|K2O:||0.2 - 0.6%|
|CaO:||8 - 10%|
|MgO:||3 - 5%|
|Al2O3:||0.5 - 2%|
Glass Beads Application
- Aluminium surfaces;
- Stainless steel surfaces in food industry;
- Fine parts in aerospace industry: aircraft engine blades, gears;
- Sanitizing in pharma industry.
We provide first-class quality products, build long term relationships and develop strong connections with our clients