Blasting Materials distributed by GritSablare are characterized by outstanding quality. This quality is reflected in an above-average service life, a very high productivity and value retention.
Stainless Steel Cut Wire Shots
- No Ferrous Contamination: Ideal for blasting or peening stainless steel, titanium, aluminum, or other non-ferrous work objects;
- Increased Production: High reusability Rate: over 800 operating cycles, perfect for Blasting Rooms;
- Certified Product: MIL-S 13165C, SAE J441, AMS 2431/4;
- No Dust.
- Reusable Material, over 800 operating cycles.
- #1 [0.3 mm]
- #2 [0.6 mm]
- Bags of 25 Kg
- The material must be stored in a dry place.
Stainless Steel Cut Wire Shots
- Available in conditioned form with certification to meet:
- MIL-S 13165C: Military Specification 13165C - Shot Peening of Metal Parts;
- SAE J441: Society of Automotive Engineers J441 - Cut Wire Shot;
- AMS 2431/4: Aerospace Specification 2431/4 - Peening Media (AWS), Conditioned Stainless Steel Cut Wire Shot;
- Stainless steel cut wire shot with bright surface that are used for shot blasting, shot peering and deburring in non-ferrous metal and stainless steel products surface. The surface of work-pieces are smooth, no rust and highlight metallic luster after process.
- Applications: Prevents ferrous contamination when blasting or peening stainless steel, titanium, aluminum, or other non-ferrous work objects.
- The economic case for using stainless cut wire shot in peening and blast cleaning operations is quite easy to make: cut wire does not fracture or break down during use because it is a solid piece.
- Stainless Steel Cut Wire is made by cutting stainless steel wire into pellets, the length equal to the diameter of the wire.
Superior Quality Product
Our stainless steel cut wire shots offer the following advantages:
- Produces very bright surfaces and dust free surfaces
- Stainless steel cut wire shot has a significantly longer life than cast abrasives and carbon cut wire shot
- Dust generation is significantly lower – blasting operations are much cleaner
- Stainless steel cut wire shot produces excellent results because of its uniformity and strength
- It will make you a “Greener” organization because disposal of spent media will be significantly reduced (you won’t need as much shot, inventory requirements will be lower, and inbound freight will cost less.)
- You will NOT introduce ferrous contamination to non-ferrous castings or work objects as occurs with the use of cast steel or carbon cut wire shot
- No hollow, splits or twins
|Physical and Chemical Properties|
|Hardness:||HRC 40 - 50|
|Density:||≥ 7.8 g/cm3|
|Cr:||18 – 20%|
|Ni:||8 – 10%|
Stainless Steel Cut Wire Shots Application
- Surface finishing
- Obtain profile pattern
- Shot peening
- Shot blasting
- Grit removal
- Pre treatment
- Rust removal
- Blast cleaning
Stainless Steel Cut Wire Shots User Safety
Stainless Steel Cut Wire Shots are a safe, ecologic and stable material. It does not need special attention while handled. Wearing personal protection equipment is necessary, as well as avoiding eye contact. Storing this material does not require special conditions. All it needs is a good air ventilation in the storage space.
In case of inhalation, the affected person must be taken out, to fresh air, and kept in a comfortable position so he/she can breathe properly. If he/she has difficulties breathing, oxygen can be administered. If he/she stops breathing, CPR manoeuvres can be performed. In this case, a medical intervention is also necessary.
Avoid direct contact with the skin. If your skin entered in direct contact with this abrasive material, you must wash the affected area with clean water for 20 minutes. Use a soft soap and clean water.
In case of ingestion, a doctor’s intervention is necessary. All treatments applied to the victim must take into account the symptoms showed by that victim.
Avoid walking through the material and always wear personal protective equipment. In case of leakages, one must insulate the area on an approximately 25 meters radius in all directions. It is forbidden to spill this material in water. Please avoid dust. Use professional vacuum cleaners to clean the area.
We provide first-class quality products, build long term relationships and develop strong connections with our clients