Blasting Materials distributed by GritSablare are characterized by outstanding quality. This quality is reflected in an above-average service life, a very high productivity and value retention.
Brown Fused Aluminium Oxide Abrasive (BFA)
- Superior Toughness: 9.0 Mohs Scale;
- High Purity: No transfer between the surface and the abrasive; it can be used for blasting non-ferrous surfaces: Stainless steel, Alumina, Copper;
- Fast and Aggressive blasting applications in blasting rooms; ideal for tough surfaces due to its superior hardness and sharp angular shape;
- It can be used for both dry blasting and also wet blasting, delivering an optimum preparing for all types of surfaces.
- Reusable Material, depending on the application.
- #24: 20 - 40 Mesh
[0,45 – 0,85 mm]
- #40: 30 - 60 Mesh
[0,36 – 0,60 mm]
- #60: 45 - 60 Mesh
[0,300 – 0,250 mm]
- #100: 70 - 120 Mesh
[0.120 – 0.212 mm]
- #120: 80 - 140 Mesh
[0.106 – 0.180 mm]
- #150: 100 - 170 Mesh
[0.090 – 0.150 mm]
- Bags of 25 kg
- The material must be stored in a dry place.
Brown Aluminium Oxide Abrasive Description
- The Aluminium Oxide abrasive distributed by GritSablare is a very tough material and records a value of 9.0 on the Mohs scale. Thanks to its superior toughness, this abrasive is successfully used for blasting operations that require great strength and high speed work.
- This material is highly pure, therefore is ideal for surfaces that do not allow transfer with other substances during the blasting operation: stainless steel, alumina, copper.
- This abrasive is manufactured from artificial corundum by fusion operations. The particles are very tough and sharp, having high cutting speed and efficient cleaning properties. The aluminium oxide particles produce an etch finish: the fine particles produce a dull matt finish and the rough particles produce a rough etch. This material is used both for dry blasting and also for wet blasing.
- It is suitable for resin-bonded cut off and grinding wheels, vitrified wheels, cutting cast iron, regular steel, carbon steel, and nonferrous metals like hard bronze. It also can be used for blasting, cleaning, mass finishing, descaling, etching, surface preparation, anti-skid surface, coating and paint removal, de-burring, metal finishing.
|Physical and Chemical Properties|
|Shape:||Solid angular particles|
|Solubility in Water:||Insoluble in Water|
|Hardness:||9.0 Mohs Scale|
|Density:||(approx.) 3.85 g/cm3|
|Gravity:||(approx.) 4.6 gr/cc|
|Fusing Point:||(approx.) 4000°F | 2200°C|
|TiO2:||2,0 – 3.5%|
Brown Aluminium Oxide Abrasive Application
- Stainless steel blasting, carbon steel, aluminium, copper;
- Food industry for food tanks blasting;
- Spare parts blasting, in blasting rooms;
- Metallic structures: vessels, bridges, tanks.
A beautiful collaboration, quality, promptitude and honesty carried us on a beautiful road...
Răzvan Harabagiu, Shareholder | Executive Manager, Alpaccess, Romania
A trustworthy brand, a professional team, a flawless service! We are happy to have them as our supplier for blasting agents and equipment.
Iulian Duna, Project Manager, Industrial Cruman, Ploiești - Romania
GritSablare, a reliable and fast partner, always involved to learn and find solutions that fits customers' needs.
Daniel Morari, COSMA Glass - water jet cutting
GritSablare, the largest blasting warehouse we are aware of... a flexible payment schedule for blasting equipment, moreover, a very good choice!
Ionel Zelca, Owner, Industrial Painting SRL - blasting and electrostatic painting
We provide first-class quality products, build long term relationships and develop strong connections with our clients